UK Commission for Employment and Skills
Britain’s employees are feeling more insecure and pressured at work than at any time in the past 20 years, national survey results published today show. Read more
The application stage for round 2 has now closed and we are pleased to confirm that 314 applications have been received. The level of interest in the pilot is high, with employers bidding for over six times the amount available in the round 2 fund. Find out more...
The UK Commission is co-investing with employers to drive enterprise, create more and better jobs and boost economic growth. We have invested £111m to date, matched by £103m of investment from employers.
Round 2 of the Employer Ownership Pilot saw businesses in England given direct access to up to £340 million of public investment.
Our research and evaluation programme seeks to provide robust high quality intelligence that draws on good practice, partnership working, the work of leading experts and the most innovative thinking.
Our research programme spans five key areas:
- Research to support the evaluation of Investors in People - Employer Survey : 3 April 2013
- Understanding occupational regulation: 20 Mar 2013
- Scaling the youth employment challenge: 18 Mar 2013
- OECD Skills Beyond School, England Background Report: 15 Mar 2013
- Employer Ownership Pilot : Building the momentum: 15 Mar 2013
- Understanding employer networks: 22 Feb 2013
- Encouraging employers to use human capital reporting: 14 Feb 2013
- Understanding training levies: 29 Jan 2013
Call for new Commissioners
The Secretaries of State of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills and the Department for Work and Pensions are seeking to appoint up to four new Commissioners to work on our agenda to transform the UK’s approach to investing in the skills of people as an intrinsic part of securing sustainable jobs and growth.
If you are interested in applying for these posts an Application Pack including the Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form and Political Activity Question Form is available on the Cabinet Office website.
Building Strategic Relationships for Economic Growth - consultation
We are working with the 157 Group and the Gazelle Group to identify how collaborative, strategic relationships between businesses and colleges can be developed.
Employer Skills Survey 2013 Interviews underway
Interviews are currently underway and we will be talking to employers across all sizes and sectors of the economy until the end of July 2013.
- For more information about participating in the survey including FAQs see the Employer Skills Survey 2013 webpage.
Investment in Training Survey
This is a follow up study to the UK Commission’s Employer Skills Survey with a selection of employers who have stated that they have carried out training in the past 12 months.
- For more information including FAQs see the Investment in Training Survey webpage.
UKCES on YouTube
Our latest video : David Fairhurst - The death of the Saturday job and why work experience is vital!
In this short video David outlines why work experience is of huge importance to support young people into work and outlines a "call to arms" for employers to step up and take responsibility.
See all of our YouTube videos here