UK Employer Skills Survey
17 Mar 2011
The 2011 UK Employer Skills Survey is currently at the fieldwork stage, and our research contractors will be contacting businesses around the UK to conduct interviews between 21 March and 15th July.
The UK Employer Skills Survey (ESS) is the first UK-wide skills survey. It is therefore a successor not only to the National Employer Skills Survey in England (NESS), but also to the skills surveys carried out by the devolved administrations across the UK: the Scottish Employer Skills Survey (SESS), the Northern Ireland Skills Monitoring Survey (NISMS), and the Future Skills Wales Sector Skills Survey (FSW).
ESS 2011 is carried out by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills on behalf of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Northern Ireland Assembly, the Scottish Government, and the Welsh Assembly Government.
Information for businesses contacted for interview
The 2011 UK Employer Skills Survey is currently at the fieldwork stage, and our research contractors will be contacting businesses around the UK to conduct interviews between 21 March and 15th July. Due to the size of the survey, three independent research agencies are covering different parts of the UK:
- BMG Research are surveying in the South West, the West Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber
- Ipsos MORI are surveying in Scotland, the East of England, the East Midlands, the North West, the North East, London, and the South East.
- IFF Research are surveying in Northern Ireland and Wales.
If you have been contacted by one of these agencies and are seeking further information about the UK Employer Skills Survey, please be assured that:
- The UK Employer Skills Survey 2011 is a valid survey carried out by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills on behalf of its partners in the four UK governments
- Your assistance will help the government and support organisations to meet the skills, employment and business support needs of organisations like yours
- All research is carried out in accordance with the Market Research Society Code of Conduct
- Any information gathered will not be reported at the individual level – in other words, your establishment will not be able to be identified in any reporting
If you would like to speak to someone to confirm the validity of survey, or to find out more information about its aims and objectives, you can call:
UK Commission for Employment and Skills
Dr. Susannah Constable, Research Manager – 020 7881 8933
IFF Research (lead fieldwork contractor)
Catherine Riley or John Newton – 020 7250 3035
Market Research Society
Market Research Society – 0500 3969 99