Asset Skills: Intelligence to maximise skills investment and career opportunities
Asset Skills are to maintain a rolling programme of action research and an on-going review of the strategic business plan.
This investment will raise the profile of the sector with young people and careers advisors by:
- Developing a career brokering service matching individuals to jobs
- Running workshops for employers on navigating the school system
- Linking employers interested in promoting careers to schools
- Developing a presence on national careers web sites popular to schools
- Refreshing labour market information and career profiles
Return on Investment
- 20 sectoral and 16 national LMI reports produced and published which guide employer skills investment and lead to increase in productivity / GVA
- Sectoral skills forecasts per industry enabling employers to be proactive in terms of skills investment increasing competitiveness and GVA
- 16 contextualised careers LMI documents across the four nations enabling employers to more effectively recruit and develop staff
- Quality LMI to employers as forecasts, reports and data to stakeholders which is valued and purchased.
- IAG that connects employers, teachers, parents and students raising sectoral awareness, recruitment and increasing
Baker Tilly 2011 social return on investment (SROI) evaluation of Asset Skills’ research function demonstrated a return on investment of £108 million. Asset Skills expect this figure to be increased in the coming year.
UK Commission investment: £393,787
Employer/Other Investment: £0
Employer/Other in-kind investment: £85,250
For more information about this project please contact:
Contact details: http://www.assetskills.org/contactus