ConstructionSkills: The Low Carbon Challenge
With the ‘Green Deal’ about to ‘go live’, the focus of this investment is to build capacity within local supply chains and provider networks as the market starts to respond.
Green Deal is a government initiative designed to help the UK meet stringent targets on the reduction of energy use to meet the requirements of the Kyoto Protocol. This partnership project will build on the outcomes of our activity funded through the Employer Investment Fund – Phase 1.
Return on Investment
- Supporting the government’s ambition of supporting 1,000 Green Deal Apprenticeships
- Supporting the government’s ambition of 100,000 Green Deal new jobs by 2015 and 250,000 by 2020
- 200 days of ‘active’ support to the Expert Working Groups which will reach at least 3,500 industry representatives
- As the construction sector generates £2.84 in economic value for every £1 invested outcome in construction, this investment will generate over £3.8M of value
- Those taking out Green Deals, or occupying properties with Green Deal plans, would benefit from the energy savings that the energy efficiency measures deliver (ranging from £3.1bn to £7.6bn in the low and high scenarios, respectively). This project will support capacity and maximise the opportunities of the ‘high’ scenario
As part of ConstructionSkills' project work they are joint hosting a series of events about the Green Deal known as the Green Deal Connections - view the video.
View the video from the project and partnership launch featuring Greg Barker MP, Minister of State for Energy and Climate Change - DECC.
UK Commission investment: £1,338,165
Employer/Other Investment: £0
Employer/Other in-kind investment: £496,000
For more information about this project please contact:
Contact details: http://www.cskills.org/aboutus/contactus