Skillset: Creative Futures
Creative Futures are strategic interventions and pilot schemes identified by employers and designed to achieve transformation in skills: the fusion of creative and STEM skills across the UK.
This investment, delivered by Skillset, represents collaboration between industry and higher education to ensure an increase in the high level skills needed in new entrants and the existing workforce.
The investment will support Higher Education to perform better by drawing on more informed talent from schools.
Return on Investment
- The computer games/VFX sectors rise back up world rankings from 6th to 4th by 2018.
- The wider UK Creative Industries see an increase of 20% in the supply of UK graduates with the key hybrid skills associated with the fusion of technological and creative skills by 2015, capable of creating new products and generating wealth.
- 20 graduate technologists and creatives are enabled to create new start-ups that exploit new technology platforms by 2015.
- The requirement for computer games and VFX skills to be an area approved for immigration by the Home Office Migration Advisory Panel ceases to exist by 2016.
- A 10% reduction in employers reporting skills gaps and shortages across our identified priority sectors utilising fused skills by 2015.
UK Commission investment £1,461,082
Employer/Other investment: £250,000
Employer/Other in-kind investment: £158,931
For more information about this project please see : http://www.creativeskillset.org/